Paint the Spirit Rock
The Villa Heights spirit rock is a fun way to show our Viking family that you are thinking of them. Many individuals use the spirit rock as a way to send special shout-outs to students and staff. Use the spirit rock to celebrate birthdays, give performance kudos, show staff/student appreciation, or any other occasion you would like to celebrate! Please read all options and rules below before making your reservation.
You do not have to be a professional artist to paint the spirit rock... you just need an occasion to celebrate!
The cost to "rent the rock" is $5.00 per day. Keep in mind that this is for you to do the painting, your payment only includes rental of the rock. You are required to paint the rock and the school is not able to provide assistance or supplies.
We will try to accommodate all requests, but keep in mind that the rock is reserved on a first come, first served basis. Once you submit a request to paint the rock, we will follow-up with you to let you know if we are able to approve the request on the dates provided.
Rules and Regulations
1) Sign up for the day(s) you want the spirit rock to be viewed with your design. You are permitted to sign up for consecutive days to preserve your painting, if you wish. You may begin decorating the spirit rock at 4:00 PM the day BEFORE your assigned start date. Similarly, the person who signs up for the next day may begin decorating the rock at 4:00 PM on the last day you have reserved. That means spirit rock reservations run from 4:00 PM the day BEFORE you sign up through 3:59 PM the day of your sign up.
2) No profane words, symbols, or derogatory/offensive messages are permitted. Villa Heights PTA reserves the right to remove inappropriate content.
3) All proceeds collected for the spirit rock will fund Villa Heights PTA initiatives. PTA members are able to view all budget reports in MemberHub.
4) Payment is due at the time of making the reservation and is first come, first served. You request will be reviewed and, assuming your requested date is available, an email or text confirmation will be sent to you. PayPal invoices will be sent at the time the request is processed. If the invoice is not paid within 48 hours of receiving the invoice, the spirit rock reservation will be released and will have to be reserved again for booking if available. An email will be sent out once your payment is received confirming your reservation.
5) Villa Heights PTA reserves the right to block off dates for school use.
6) All payments and reservations are non-refundable for any reason (ie. changed your mind, inclement weather, etc).
7) You are responsible for providing all materials for decorating the spirit rock. You are expected to ensure the area around the spirit rock remains clean, free of trash and debris. You should ensure that paint is not left on the road, curb or grass. You may wish to bring a drop cloth. Also, please be kind to our environment and recycle your empty cans!
8) A reminder e-mail will be sent 2 days before your reservation date via sign up genius. Please make sure to note on your personal calendar, the day(s) you have reserved the spirit rock. Villa Heights PTA is not responsible for missed or forgotten reservations.
Wear old clothes!
Wall paint or spray paint will probably stick to the rock best. It may take 2-4 cans of spray paint to make a base coat. Spray paint may be harder to avoid the grass, but may dry faster than latex paint. You are responsible for purchasing and applying all paint. What you don’t use this year can be stored for use next year and/or donated to the Villa Heights PTA.
Don't forget to respect our school grounds and the environment!
Rent The Rock Today!
Contact us with any questions.